Thursday, February 5, 2009

His Kids Camp Logo History



I began working on a logo for our special needs program at Camp Luther several years ago.  It was then that  a social worker, who was one of my dearest friends, and who was an unmatched advocate for children, sent me a photo that her son had sent to her.  It was just prior to Christmas and he had fallen on hard times.  Living in the cold northwest, he was out chopping firewood to warm their home.  It was a particularly cold day and he was having difficulty keeping hs mind on his work because of problems that seemed to be mounting in his life.  One fell swoop of the ax cut a piece of wood in half and part of it flew to the side.  Upon retrieving the piece of wood he noticed some markings in it.  Looking closer he recognized it was from an insect that had burrowed into the wood.  He had perfectly cut thru the piece of wood and each half held a design.  Being a Christian man, he recognized the shape of a cross in the wood.  But more than that, he also saw a Christmas tree with the cross in the center.  He felt that God had sent him a sign as he remembered the verse from Hebrews 13:5 & 6, Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have for He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.  So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
     Looking at the photos, I could see the tree and the cross and my search was over.  Here was our logo for our special needs camp.  I want a place where special needs "kids" of all ages can come and feel loved and good about themselves.  I want them to know that God will never leave nor forsake them!  His Kids Camp is a place where special needs individuals can come without fear of ridicule from the outside world and have confidence knowing they will be accepted and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed! Please let us know what you think about His Kids Camp.